Admitting that “A year later, we’re just way better,” Brent Feilders, owner of the Mississauga Canada Kid to Kid store, proudly accepted the December 2016 Store of the Month award for the Kid to Kid franchise. His store was selected from over 100 Kid to Kid Franchise locations in the US, Portugal, and Canada in large part because of the huge increases that the store has experienced. They celebrated their first anniversary in August, and continue to see tremendous increases in both buying and selling as more and more shoppers are discovering the value of resale at Kid to Kid.
Feilders shopped for resale bargains for his own children before bringing the Kid to Kid franchise to Canada. As a Dad, shopper, and businessman, he saw a huge opportunity. “I liked the value, but not the experience of shopping other local children’s resale stores. They are crowded, cluttered, and hard to shop,” commented Feilders. “I wanted to create a completely different resale shopping experience – and found it at Kid to Kid.” The Mississauga Kid to Kid store is beautiful and spacious — with wide aisles, and organized racks and shelves filled with carefully screened, quality products. The prices are fabulous — up to 70% off retail – saving families hundreds, or even thousands of dollars over buying new. It even has a play area where kids can hang out and play while Mom and Dad shop.
Kid to Kid serves the community in many ways. ““We buy and sell pretty much everything that kids wear, use, and play with – as long as it’s clean, current, and safe,” explains Feilders. “Like Uber and Air BnB, we promote a sharing community – allowing families to pass on the things they aren’t using to another child who needs it – and get paid in the process.” Kid to Kid pays families to recycle their quality clothes, toys, and baby gear. This in turn benefits the environment, as well as putting money back into the pockets of people within the community. They also donate hundreds of pounds of product that doesn’t meet their buying criteria each week to local charities.
ALPHARETTA, GA —January 24, 2016— Kid to Kid in Alpharetta, owned by husband and wife Wendell and Amy McCleary, was recently honored with the Kid to Kid Store of the Month award for November 2016. Through this award, the Kid to Kid franchise recognizes outstanding achievement exhibited by one of its more than 100 children’s resale locations across the United States, Canada, and Portugal.
The McClearys opened their store in the Alpharetta community two and a half years ago and have seen remarkable growth. From 2015 to 2016, they experienced a 16% increase in sales. They credit their success on having a wonderful core staff and buying and selling quality product. They buy and sell from hundreds of families each week and keep their store filled with the best things kids outgrow.
When asked about the store’s success, their franchise support representative Edward Chambers said, “Kid to Kid Alpharetta has made some great strides this year, making a conscious effort to keep racks full of great product. Although it has taken time and dedication from them and their team, it has been well worth the effort.” Chambers also commented, “It’s not hard to see why Alpharetta was chosen as Store of the Month. Amy and Wendell push their team to work hard even when they may be short staffed or when they have a busy day. They take these days in stride and stand tired, but victorious at the end of the month.”
Amy and Wendell’s hard work and diligence have proved great success. They, along with their staff, look forward to an even greater 2017 and look forward to continuing to impact the community for years to come.
BOSSIER CITY, LA —December 29, 2016— Kid to Kid in Bossier City, owned by mother and daughter team Shannon Linton and Ashlie Hill, was recently awarded Store of the Month honors for October 2016. Their store was selected by the corporate franchisee advisory board from over 100 Kid to Kid Stores across the United States, Canada, Portugal and Spain.
The duo opened the store less than a year ago and have had remarkable success. Amy Lofgreen, their franchise support representative, credits their success to their consistency in applying good management practices. “The sales they have been seeing are the result of a concerted effort for months to build teams and leaders to make it possible to keep store racks filled in such a big location,” said Lofgreen.
Shannon and Ashlie focus heavily on training their store team members on correct procedures, making sure every team member follows through and does things the right way. They involve their store managers in franchise support calls to ensure they are prepared to take on important responsibilities.
The team is excited to continue the tradition of saving families money for years to come. Their hard work and diligence have proved great success over the past year, funneling a valuable resource back to the Bossier City community.
Kid to Kid wants to help your little ones work towards their new goals this year. The act of writing down your goals will give your a greater likelihood of achieving them. Good luck and Happy New Year!
Click on this image to download your 2017 Goals Chart.
SALT LAKE CITY, UT— October 24, 2016— The Kid to Kid Franchise Advisory Board has awarded its September Store of the Month honors to Kid to Kid of Salt Lake City, managed by a team led by local resident Brighton Sloan. The Salt Lake store was selected from more than 100 Kid to Kid stores across the United States, Canada and Portugal.
One of eleven Kid to Kid stores in Utah, the Salt Lake store has experienced significant growth– with sales up 32% in September. The reason? “It’s the management,” states the store’s corporate support representative, Tina Zaharias. “When Brighton Sloan took over store management a year ago, there were many changes that needed to be made in day to day operations. She diligently follows the systems designed by the franchise to help stores be successful, and it’s paying off.” Zaharias also mentioned that Ms. Sloan significantly increased the amount of product purchased from local parents, providing more selection for shoppers. “She emphasizes the customer experience, merchandising, social media posts, and strategies for getting inventory in the door, on the floor and out of the store.”
In addition to focusing on their own store’s success, Sloan and her team have demonstrated their commitment to helping the franchise by assisting in training the newest franchisees. The store serves as a franchise flagship store and new franchisee training center, where new owners come to learn the ins and outs of running their own store.
Sloan and her team look forward to continuing to impact the community and new franchisees for years to come. They buy and sell gently used kid’s items year round – offering cash or 20% more in-store credit. Their store is located at 675 East 2100 South in Salt Lake City.
CHATTANOOGA, TN—September 21, 2016— Kid to Kid in Chattanooga, owned by mother and son, Lyn and Justin Shepherd, has been awarded Store of the Month for August 2016. Through this award, the Kid to Kid franchise recognizes outstanding achievement exhibited by one of its more than 100 children’s resale locations across the United States, Canada, and Portugal. As one of three Kid to Kid stores in Tennessee, Kid to Kid Chattanooga has experienced significant growth– with sales up 16% in August and 21% year-over-year.
One of the reasons for the store’s continued success is their community outreach and involvement. Lyn and Justin are involved in many efforts, including social media. “We have done frequent posts that include videos, slideshows, contests and even goofy staff photos,” said Lyn. Their fans and customers are noticing. The store recently advertised their annual Costume Event on their Facebook page and hundreds of customers came out. A live stream video was also shared on their page during the event.
When asked about the store’s success, Lyn said, “Our store is dedicated to showing love to our community. We have been involved in many community events from schools, foster care, military, and most recently to raise some money for fire relief. Our prayer is that we make a difference in the lives of those we meet.”
The Shepherds have been making a difference. Though miles away, they stepped up to help their former community in California when tragedy struck recently. A wildfire spread through the small area of Lower Lake affecting more than 300 residents, many without insurance. Last week Kid to Kid Chattanooga donated 10% of their store’s sales to those affected.
Lyn and Justin look forward to continuing to impact the community in the future and are grateful to be honored as store of the month. “We are thrilled to receive this honor. Though we are small, this team works together to keep improving,” said Lyn.
About Kid to Kid and Uptown Cheapskate
For over 23 years, BaseCamp Franchising has been a leader in the resale franchise industry. Kid to Kid and Uptown Cheapskate, both registered trademarks of BaseCamp Franchising, buy and sell gently-used yet fashionable clothes, shoes, gear and accessories. With 50 Uptown Cheapskate stores and 120 Kid to Kid franchise stores throughout the U.S., Portugal, and Canada, BaseCamp Franchising provides convenient locations where customers are financially and emotionally rewarded as they recycle their best items. BaseCamp Franchising is located in Salt Lake City, Utah. For more information about BaseCamp Franchising, call 801-359-0071. You may also visit www.basecampfranchising.com.
Kid to Kid stores across the nation have unleashed their costume collections! Whether you’re looking for a D.I.Y costume and need a few accessories, or going all out on an original character, Kid to Kid has so many costumes to choose from!
BOY’S COSTUME: D.I.Y. IDEAS
GIRL’S COSTUME: D.I.Y. IDEAS
BABY COSTUME IDEAS
KID COSTUME IDEAS
KID TO KID: HOW IT WORKS
The franchise stores earned the notice for their work with buildOn, a nonprofit that works with under-served communities around the world. Together, stores across the nation raised money to build schools in impoverished countries. The daily newspaper mentioned the Boise Kid to Kid and Uptown Cheapskate stores specifically, which are owned by Boise resident Bill Long. His Boise stores contributed $6,860 to the cause.
The photo with the most Likes gets the Grand Prize!
Additional Winners: $25 Gift Cards
We’ll be rewarding our favorites. Be creative, fun, clever, sweet, etc, to win!
Enter by November 2nd, 2016
Grab your cute kiddos, your camera, and get ready for Kid to Kid’s Costume Contest 2016! We’ll be picking a $250 winner and a $100 winner from Facebook and Instagram. We’ll also be awarding $25 Kid to Kid gift cards to cute, clever, awesome, and spectacular costume photos! Get your costume at Kid to Kid this year and sell last year’s costume for cash or 20% more in store credit!
1. Like the Kid to Kid national Facebook page and post a picture of your child’s costume in the comments section of our 2016 Costume Contest Facebook post. Click here to post.
2. Tell everyone you know to Like your photo in the comments! Friends, family, acquaintances, co-workers, neighbors—you name it!
3. Receive the most Likes by Nov. 3rd, 12:00 am MST on your image and win our Grand Prize!
Facebook Grand Prize: $250 Gift Card to Kid to Kid
1. Follow @kidtokid. Post your child’s costume photo on your Instagram and use the hashtags #KidtoKid and #KidtoKidCostumeContest to identify your image. You must post by Nov. 3rd, 12:00 am MST.
2. On Monday November 7th, we will pick our top finalists and post our favorite images on our Kid to Kid Instagram account @kidtokid
3. The finalist who has the most likes on their post on the Kid to Kid Instagram by Tuesday, Nov. 8th at 5:00 pm MST wins the Grand Prize.
Instagram Grand Prize: $100 Gift Card to Kid to Kid
FACEBOOK GRAND PRIZE WINNER: $250 Gift Card, Carrigan Herrera: Cinderella
Contest ends on November 3rd
INSTAGRAM GRAND PRIZE WINNER: $100 Gift Card, Cailey: Tossed Salad
Contest ends on November 8th
Additional Winners: $25 Gift Cards
We’ll be rewarding our favorites. Be creative, fun, clever, sweet, etc!
Week One Winner: Grease’s Danny and Sandy
Week Two Winner: S’mores Family
Week Three Winner: Little Tiger
RULES and TERMS:
- This Promotion is in no way sponsored or administered by Instagram. You are providing your information to Kid to Kid and not to Instagram.
- Photo must be an original photo.
- Participants must be located in the United States and at least 18 years of age (or legal majority in your state) to participate and submit a photo in this promotion.
- Prizes left unclaimed for 30 days will be returned to company. Prizes can be given as a gift.
- Kid to Kid will determine giveaway recipients in its sole and absolute discretion and reserves the right to modify and change promotion without notice.
- As a participant in the promotion you will be required to privately (through direct message, email, or other secure, private means) provide your name, address, age and other personal information necessary to receive the prize, if you are selected as a prize recipient.
- Each winner of a prize in a Promotion is solely responsible for any and all applicable federal, state and local taxes (including income and withholding taxes on any prize), regardless of whether the prize, in whole or in part, is used.
- By participating in the Promotion, you agree to (i) be bound by the Official Instagram Giveaway Rules, including all entry requirements provided at the time the Promotion is announced and/or promoted, and (ii) waive any and all claims against Kid to Kid and its respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates for any injury, damage or loss of any kind that may occur, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Promotion.
- Each contest Participant understands to, consents to, and forfeits the right of their contest images to Kid to Kid.
- Each winning Participant, by acceptance of prize, grants to Kid to Kid and each of its respective designees the right to publicize his/her name, address (city and state of residence), photograph provided in connection with the Promotion, voice, statements and/or other likeness and prize information for advertising, promotional and/or trade and/or any other purpose (“Winner Information”) in any media or format now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, in perpetuity, without limitation and without further compensation, consideration, permission or notification, unless prohibited by law. The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
- Participates must claim the prize within 30 days from their nearest Kid to Kid Store.
- Entries suspicious of fraud, paid likes, like for like, and fake accounts will be disqualified.
- Participants may not take actions that are negligent, injurious or reckless in pursuit of any prize offered in connection with a Promotion. Participants who do not follow this rule or who otherwise participate in a Promotion in an unsportsmanlike manner will be disqualified from the Promotion. Participants are solely responsible for any injuries or other damages that are caused from their behavior. Participants agree to indemnify, release, discharge and hold harmless the Released Parties (defined below) from and against any and all claims, liability, losses, damages or injuries of any kind with respect thereto.